Where is Queen Elizabeth now? click here

Thursday, January 15, 2015

At Sea

January 15

Once again up at 9:15 (with a non-functioning toilet once more) for trivia.  Our standard team (Fran, David, Judith, Andy, Mary, and I) are known as the "Craft and Quip" team.  We missed today by one - In the Chinese calendar, 2000 was the year of the ________.  There was one question that all my teammates knew and had me laughing because they were so passionate about it.  The question was, "Who was the runner-up in the 1966 World Cup?"

Went to Kate Adie's second lecture with Judith.  Kate talked about her years as a reporter in combat zones around the world.

Lunch in the Lido where I had one of the few poor meals I've ever had aboard.  I chose the pork which was rather dry and unappetizing.  Finished the mystery I was reading during lunch.

Quick trip back to my stateroom for my knitting and to switch books.  On to Needlework/Knitting group where again we only had 13 present.

Afternoon trivia was Wipeout trivia.  We had 20 out of 20 correct on the quiz and we had the wipeout answer correct but so did three other teams.  We lost on the tie-breaker (How many counties are there in the lower 48 states?).

After my disappointing lunch, I had a couple of tea sandwiches and a soft-serve ice cream.

Evening trivia was toughest yet and we only had 12 correct.  Here is one we missed - Which country had the strongest recorded earthquake in 1960?

Only Hugh, Michael, Ian and I dined together (once again the others ate earlier).  Took a gamble  on the slots again afterwards.  I was down to about $7.50 when I won $11.90, so I am back to almost my original $20.  As usual I quit when I was ahead.

Had not yet been to the Commodore Club this cruise so I decided to go there instead of the show (two violinists).  My statement came today and I still have $250 onboard credit to spend so I had a "Rum Barrel" (rum, lime juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, passion fruit and simple syrup) which is just my kind of drink.  Listened to the pianist, Graham Wellard, as I had my drink.  When finished, I picked up my evening o.j. and back to my cabin.  We have hit some rough seas so not all my orange juice made it back to my stateroom!

Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. So great to get your updates Kathi. I would have loved to have seen you after your "Rum Barrel" trying to get your OJ back to the cabin. Two other friends of mine, both of them cabin crew for BA are on board and they are loving the ship and the food.

    ReplyDelete