Where is Queen Elizabeth now? click here

Monday, January 12, 2015

At Sea


January 12

Awoke to the alarm at 9:15 and watched the morning show while getting ready.

In the pub for 10:00 trivia.  Fran's husband David joined us and Mary brought her friend, Liz, so we had a full table.  We ended with 18 1/2 points but three teams had perfect scores and had a tie breaker.  The question that got us was "What is the name of the school in Grease?"  The tie breaker was, "How old was Frank Sinatra when he died?"  Here is a stumper for my American friends.  Who was the first Australian cricket player to be knighted?

After trivia, I stopped by the tour office.  The small group tour of NYC I wanted was waitlisted so I put my name on the list.   Then to the second lecture by Diane Janes which was about the history of crime stories.  Andrea and John sat with me.

It was then time to stake out my spot for lunch.  The port side part of the Lido does not serve lunch until 12:30.  If you arrive early you can hear the noon announcements and get a table by the window.

Had to take a short nap after lunch.  The alarm went off as I was having a dream that a teenage boy had stolen my knitting bag and I was trying to get it back.

About 17 ladies and one gentleman (different one from yesterday) were present for Needlework/Knitting group.  Janice, the Social Hostess, came for a few minutes but had to leave for a wedding which was being held.

David, Mary, Fran, Judith and I played afternoon trivia.  We only had 15 correct.  Winning team had 18.  One we missed - Which actor appeared in Kate Bush's video, Cloudbusting?

After trivia I started getting ready for the Captain's Cocktail Party for the Grills and Britannia Club at 6:45.  I did not stand in line to shake the Captain's hand and have my picture taken but found a seat near the bandstand so I could see the Captain introduce the officers.  The champagne tasted better than last year.  Don't know if they are using a different brand or they give the Grills better quality.

Joyce (UK) showed at our dinner table for the first time.  We all stayed and talked until about 9:30.

Decided to play the slots but could not get the machine I wanted and lost $4.00 (if you are new to my blogs, I am not a big gambler).

Tonight was "The Cunard Ball".  Watched the dancing for awhile and then went to the 10:30 show.  Tonight was a comedian, Rondell Sheridan.  He was on a segment last year and he does a good show.

Picked up my orange juice and back to my stateroom.  Want to make it an early night so I can be up for trivia at 10 tomorrow.

Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment: