Where is Queen Elizabeth now? click here

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

At Sea


January 20

I awoke about nine before the alarm went off.  Lucky I did because I set the alarm last night without my glasses and set it for 9:15 PM!

For morning trivia we had a new member, Sally.  Andy left in New York.  We only had 14 correct and the winners had 17.  In May 1930, Ellen Church became the first _______.

Down to the purser's to pick up a print copy of my flight arrangements for Thursday and a printout of my onboard account.  Then went up to lunch to find that I had lost my key card.  Back to the purser's and turns out I had left my card there.

Back to the Lido for lunch and start my next book.  Spent a few minutes on my balcony when I went to my stateroom to get my knitting bag but it was a bit chilly.  The captain had announced at noon it was 57F/14C.

Large group (over 20) at Needlework/Knitting group with many new people who just embarked.  Rumour of the day is that a couple were removed from the ship in NYC because of fighting in their stateroom.

Afternoon trivia was no better than this morning with 15 correct and 18 for the winners.  Who wrote A Time to Kill?

Since I still had $114 onboard credit I picked up a few things in the shop and then went to the Lido for my afternoon ice cream.  Watched a beautiful sunset as I ate.

I was ready before trivia time so I went down to play the slots.  I originally put in $20 and when I reached $22.10 I cashed out taking my $2.10 winnings.

Unfortunately we were not very lucky with trivia.  Out of 23 total we had 16 (winners had 20).  Here is one I actually knew (not sure why) - What do Leonardo da Vinci, Jack the Ripper, and Horatio Nelson have in common?

I arrived at dinner before everyone left.  We have an empty place at the table and the story is they have not been able to get in touch with the missing person (so where did he/she go????).

Late evening trivia was called Jeopardized Trivia.  Just like on Jeopardy there are different categories with varying point values/difficulty.  Different from Jeopardy is that you do not give the question (just the normal answering the question).  There are some questions that you get to bet any amount of points you have accumulated.  Total possible points (if you had every question correct and bet everything on the "Daily Double" type questions) is 300.  The winners had 282.  We only had 84.  What was Michael J. Fox's characters name in the Back to the Future movies?

Did not care to see the comedian/ventriloquist so I watched the dancing in the Queens Room then got my orange juice and went to my cabin.  Stood on my balcony for awhile, looking at the sea and stars because it has warmed up nicely.  As I type this it is 11:45 and we are off the coast of South Carolina.

I have updated some previous posts with pictures.

Only one more day :(

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment