Where is Queen Elizabeth now? click here

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

At Sea


January 14

Woke up at 9:15 to find the toilet in my stateroom was not working.  Called to let them know then went to trivia.  Fran, David, Andy, Mary, Judith and I were a team. We only tied for third place with 18 out of 21.  What two field events for women were added at the Sydney Olympics?

Back to my stateroom (toilet fixed) and a quick (half hour) nap.  Made our reservation for The Verandah Restaurant for Saturday night.  The Verandah is the fancy French restaurant onboard.  I had received free dinner for two as part of my booking deal.  I am taking one of my Cruise Critic friends and another friend from CC (who also got the free dinner) is bringing someone she met onboard.

Lunch in the Lido.  Sat with Judith for a bit but then she had to go to watercolour class.  A few minutes later two other CC friends sat down next to me and we chatted.  Sat in the Garden Lounge before Needlework/Knitting group and watched the rain fall on the glass roof.

Only 13 for Needlework/Knitting group today, the smallest group so far.  In fact, this is the quietest day with no crowds in any of the public areas.

Time for trivia where the regulars (Fran, David, Mary, Andy, Judith and I) only managed 20 out of 22 (there was a three way tie with 21 correct).  Here is a stumper for you.  What does a deltiologist collect?  We missed that one and naming all three wise men (we only had two).  After trivia was finished, Fran, David and I jokingly plotted ways that I could stowaway for the rest of the World Voyage.  Alas, we could not figure a way to get off the ship at the end without a valid keycard.

Hadn't been to the Lido for tea yet so did that after trivia.  Had my favorite Earl Grey tea and a scone with jam and cream.

Heard today that the ship only allows 65 passenger and 15 crew on the internet at any time.   have had no problem getting on but I usually try between midnight and 1 AM.  Many people had trouble logging on yesterday but I did not hear any complaints today.

Formal night tonight.  Being able to go to dinner when I want is nice as I had time for yet another trivia before dinner.  Unfortunately we did not win.  Here is a hard one - Who wrote the book on which the movie 101 Dalmatians is based?

Four of us for dinner tonight (2 had already finished and one was eating in The Verandah).  Went to the show to see the tenor, Benjamin Makisi again and then watched the "London Ball" for a few minutes before getting my orange juice and heading "home".

We gain another hour of sleep tonight.

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment