Where is Queen Elizabeth now? click here

Saturday, January 17, 2015

At Sea


January 17

Had a hard time getting to sleep last night as I was getting congested.  I am hoping it is not a sinus infection (I just had one at Christmas).  Finally was able to get to sleep about 2:30 (and that was taking into account the time change) but woke up a couple of hours later needing to sit up for awhile.  Slept sitting up on the sofa for a couple of hours and then back to bed until the 9:15 alarm.

We tied for first place in morning trivia but lost the tiebreaker (When was Pride and Prejudice published?).

At 11:15 the Senior Officers Party was held in the Queens Room for the Platinum and Diamond passengers disembarking in NYC or Fort Lauderdale.  Not all that exciting and only saw a couple of people I know.

Lunch in the Lido and then to Needlework/Knitting group (about 12 present).  We were three below the winners at afternoon trivia (What are you afraid of if you have oneiophobia [sp?]?).

Took an hour nap before getting ready for dinner.  A Cruise Critic friend and I had both received dinner for two at The Verandah so we each invited a guest.  Had a delicious meal (I will post pictures when I get my free internet minutes when we leave New York -  I only have 24 left now).

Went to the Queens Room to watch the dancing after dinner.  I have cruised on this ship for a total of 126 days and this was the first time one of the Dance Hosts asked me to dance.  I thanked him for asking but declined (no rhythm whatsoever and two left feet).  My favorite "Public Room Steward" Marina suggested a drink for me to try - a Peach Melba Martini.  It was very good (vanilla vodka, peach schnapps, raspberry liqueur,  peach puree and a dash of cream) and I am determined to use up my OBC so I am trying different drinks.

When Paul Ritchie and the Queens Room Orchestra finished their last set I went to the pub and picked up my orange juice.

We gain another hour tonight.

You can watch us sail in and out of NYC on the PTZtv webcams.
nyharborwebcam.com
portnywebcam.com

Smooth sailing until next time!

Our trivia team - Andy, Mary, David, Judith, me, and Fran


My meal at the Verandah

amuse bouche


crabmeat starter

champagne sherbet (to cleanse your palate)

beef fillet 

creme catalane










No comments:

Post a Comment