Where is Queen Elizabeth now? click here

Thursday, January 22, 2015

At Sea

January 21

Right before I went to bed last night I saw a flash through my balcony door.  Looked out and it was a spectacular thunder storm.  The lightening lit the entire sky.  It was as far as I could see along the horizon off the starboard side.  I had been disappointed that the only thunderstorm last year was at dinner time and I couldn't really see it.  This one more than made up for it.

I stood on my balcony (it was a lovely, balmy night) and watched for over an hour.  Finally decided I needed to go to bed so I lay in the bed watching until I fell off to sleep (about 2:30).  Woke up again at 3:30 and it was still going on.  Found out later from early risers that it was still going on at 5:30.

I went to all four trivias and we didn't win any (second place in the last one).  I am really going to miss my team.  Turned in my prize booklet and for my three stamps I received a thumb drive and a credit card wallet.

After the first trivia I sat outside near the Lido pool under the new awning.  It was a beautiful day with a high of about 75F.

Lunch in the Lido and had one of my favorites, chicken karma with saffron rice and naan bread.  I was disappointed that there were not more crumbles for dessert this year.  The only one I saw was banana and I don't care for baked bananas.  Cunard has changed the warm dessert to individual serving containers instead of a large pan where you helped yourself.

Then it was time for my last Needlework/Knitting group.  I took some pictures and will post when I get home.

I gave my Cruise Critic friend Judith the bottle of Pol Acker (sarcastically called "Chateau de Gangway" by the entertainment staff) that was in my stateroom upon embarkation.  Spent about an hour talking to her (she is doing the full world).

Last dinner in the Britannia Club.  Although I enjoyed the small dining room and the excellent service I would never pay the extra as a solo cruiser.

Our last trivia of the night was something different.  They gave you clues to a year and the faster you figured it out the more points you got.  There were also four questions that pertained to the clue for more points.  We had 320 points and the winners had 330.  What was Elton John's first UK #1?  (Really???)

I tried to find Marina, my favorite server, to say good-bye but could not find her.  Picked up my final orange juice and headed back to my stateroom.  In the corridor I met John (one of my Cruise Critic friends from last year) who was bringing me a note to say good-bye.  Luckily we were able to chat instead.  He and his wife are doing the full world and then a Caribbean cruise on QE this fall in Princess Grill.

I have to admit I played hooky from finishing and posting this and stood awhile on my balcony instead.  I also seem to have forgotten to post this as I just found (1/27)  it as a draft.  Sorry.

Smooth sailing until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment